Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sunday Creek Watershed Group! We have numerous opportunities for you to make a difference in your community.
Below we have listed our Volunteer Job Descriptions as well as several programs that we offer that utilize volunteers.
- Sunday Creek Watershed Group Outdoor Events Crew- Plan outdoor formal
events at Sunday Creek including our bi-annual Buckeye Trail Maintenance, and Adopt-A-Highway Clean-ups, annual River Sweep Clean-Up in June, assist in helping plan watershed tours, and 5K fundraiser. Other opportunities may include tree plantings, pocket park landscaping and maintenance, and other various projects. Time estimate: variable, flexible, ongoing opportunity or single event.
- Sunday Creek Watershed Day Camp Volunteer- The volunteer will assist in
the supervision of children at the camp and also assist with camp activities. At the discretion and interest of the volunteer they may also plan and coordinate their own activities for camp participants Length of
service: five (5) days, Monday-Friday, for eight (8) hours per day during the Sunday Creek Watershed Camp. Estimated hours per week: eight hours per day for a period of five days, totaling 40 hours. Volunteers may also assist with individual days if they are unable to commit to the entire week. Schedule will be from approximately 8am to 4pm each camp day.
- Environmental Education Volunteer- Facilitate or assist with
environmental education lessons and programs in local schools and community events. Topics vary from watershed issues to natural history, and connect outdoor education to Ohio education standards. Training provided! Time commitment is flexible.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Buckeye Trail Maintainence: The Sunday Creek Watershed Group helps to maintain a portion of the
Buckeye Trail and we host hikes and maintenance days throughout the year.
The Buckeye Trail is a 1,450 mile trail that loops around the state of
The trail is identified by blue blazes on
trees or poles. We welcome volunteers and groups to attend these trail
maintenance days! During the hike volunteers paint the blue blazes and
do light maintenance on the trail. Check out the SCWG News & Events section to see
when the next hike is planned.
- Adopt-A-Highway Program: Sunday Creek has adopted a highway! Our section is going west on St. Rt. 155 out of Corning. We will be hosting a few clean-ups a year, contact the office or check the SCWG News & Events section to see when the next clean-up is scheduled.
If you would like to volunteer or would like more information, please contact our office